From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Anthony Monteiro
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 6:27 PM
To: John Becker; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] instant tune & FT-847

Hi John,

Your PC has a male DTE connector for the COM port
that is either a 9-pin or 25-pin connector. Look
on the back to see which. Most PCs today use the 9-pin
for COM ports.

The FT-847 also has a 9-pin male DTE connector.

So, you can buy a "normal" 9-pin null modem cable AND a
9-pin female-to-female adapter and, if you need it, a
9 to 25 pin adapter, at Radio Shack. Or, build a custom cable
that is a female-to-female null modem with a 9-pin on one
side and whatever your PC has on the other.

OK?
Tony AA2TX