AO40 qrp contacts

Thanks to those who answered my question about qrp antennas.

After getting a few emails, I decided to give it a try.

I put the dish on the driveway and tilted it to the bird and listened on my
817.  I hooked the FT100 in my car into the arrow antenna and was surprised
to hear my signal fairly loud into the bird on CW with just 10 watts.

I switched over to ssb and made 3 contacts with some fading (I think from my
arm getting tired of trying to aim the antenna).

When the new Kenwood HT arrives with ssb coverage, I would like to try and
make some contacts using just that and the 5 watts from the 817 if anyone is
game

Scott

Scott Olitsky
AC3A