Re: PSK31 on AO-40

Brian Wruble wrote:

> Is there a part of the passband where one might look for PSK31?  I'd like to
> give it a try.  Has anybody had any luck?  Offer any advice?

Hi Brian,
    Last weekend, Kieth - N6ORS, Kevin - WA6FWF and I spent a while playing with
both Hellschreiber and PSK-31 on AO-40.  We spent a good hour playing with the
two modes.  We found that both worked quite well at quite low signal levels.  We
were up around 2401.350 or so and there was not much of anybody else around at
the time.  It took a little effort to keep on frequency, but it was not all that
hard.  PSK-31 was harder than Hell, but both were usable.  The one big piece of
advise is to arrange your computer(s) such that you can receive while you are
transmitting.  This means two copies of the software running at the same time on
either one or two computers.  I'm getting setup to run a second copy on a second
computer.  Good luck.

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org