Re: 2.4 GHz Reception Indoors?

Humph.  I could barely hear the beacon when shooting through a
sparcely leafed oak tree the other night, and he gets enough to decode
telemetry looking out a brick wall...  Go figure.

I've been doing an informal survey of my receive ability, now that
I have the "tower cam" in place.  It seems the biggest contributors
to *not* hearing AO-40 are shooting through vegetation and having a
high squint angle (> 20 degrees).  Distance is not really a factor,
since it is tied inversely tied to squint, and squint wins easily.
Vegetation in the form of an oak tree trunk is an absolute killer.

Greg  KO6TH