AO-40 TX recovery progress report?

I have looked at the AMSAT-DL page showing what works and what has been
determined to have failed. Can anybody on the command teams give us any word
about what test, or tests, are planed, or in progress, to recover any of the
other transmitters on AO-40? Are there any ideas about why the other "S"
band transmitter quit, and the probability that it may yet be recovered?

In all the reading I have done about AO-40 I don't recall any failure mode
and effects analysis being done. For example the IF matrix could be a single
critical point of failure since all of the S/C RF communications has to be
routed through it at some point. If such a failure mode and effects analysis
was done it would be interesting to see how it compares to the current
condition of the S/C.

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO