Re: UEK-2000 SAT downconverter.

  Hi Peter,

    Sorry I can't help you with the UEK converter, but I'm
using a hamtronics 2m ->10m converter ($49kit) to a radio-shack
10m mobile rig as a dedicated telemetry reciever, and it
works just great.

 I used to use a similar setup   on ao-13 (ft101 with the
matching yaesu 2m transverter.)

The 101 was deaf as a doorstop on 10 meters (partially
because I had re-tuned the if coils to work down to 12
meters. I ended up adding a 10m preamp into the
recieve chain (which also helped with the rs birds.)

 I'd suggest trying your  setup 'as is' before
trying to pad the gain down.  (The 101 has an
attenuator on the front panel anyway, as I recall.)

  -al
  WB1BQE