Shelby Hamfest

Hi,

I am gathering parts to assemble a 2.4G receive station to attempt
communications on AO-40.  I ordered a downconverter a few weeks ago and have
been studying  informationposted on the BB on antennas for this band.

This past Saturday I attended the Shelby, NC hamfest which is one of the
largest in our part (southeast) of the country.

I was surprised and disappointed not to find an AMSAT presence at this large
gathering of hams.  I had hoped to ask questions and talk to others about
2.4Gig.

I asked some of the sponsering club members and they did not know of any
AMSAT representatives nor did I find a booth at the fest.

Am planning to attend the symposium in Atlanta in early October and hope to
see examples of equipment used for the downlink at that time.

Thanks for all the info on the BB,

Richard, KR4XN