Re: 1.2G Mast mounted amps

..and yet another alternative is G&H Engineering in the UK:  http://www.ghengineering.co.uk/

I saw these last month at the AMSAT-UK Colloquium and almost bought one on the spot.  The kit form for the 18 W unit looks especially appealing for putting in a weatherproof enclosure and mounting on the mast.  You can also see them (constructed) on Howard's site:
http://www.g6lvb.com/gh_engineering_lp_23cm_amplifie.htm

73,
Jerry, K5OE