AO-40 Beacon Reports

>I too had my BBQ grill antenna setup out on Sunday night, 11:00 PM EDT MA37,
>and I didn't hear anything either! I know my setup works because I used it
>last Friday, and monitored AO-40 for nearly 30 minutes with no trouble.
>What's going on? Is this another case of the S2 TX not latching on when
>commanded?
>
>Leland C. Scott
>KC8LDO

Leland,

Thanks for your report.  If I read your note correctly, 23:00 EDT on
2001-09-02 (Sunday) would be 03:00 UTC on 2001-09-03.
At this time, AO-40 was at MA=20 (not MA=37) on Orbit 388.  Review of the
telemetry archives shows good telemetry blocks from MA =20, MA=37 and
everything in between.  Therefore, I can find no evidence of a problem with
AO-40 during this time.

Subsequent to the failure of S1 and the S2 "glitch", folks are
understandably anxious, and we are seeing a few reports of this type on the
bulletin board.  They give me more gray hairs :-).  Fortunately, thanks to
the efforts of a worldwide group of telemetry collectors and Paul
Willmott,  we have a wonderful telemetry archive which allows them to be
checked out by anyone, at least in retrospect.  So far, since the schedule
was modified, I have not seen a telemetry-confirmed additional
"glitch".  Let's hope it stays that way.