Re: AO-40

>Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 10:53:56 -0600
>From: "MIchael A. Pawlowski" <n2mp@datawest.net>
>Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] AO40

>Ron, et al.,

>        I'm working on my receive equipment for AO-40 at the moment.  I
>have a 2.4G helix (~30 turns) connected directly to a Drake 2880 feeding
>an Icom R8500 receiver.  I had everything setup last night to monitor
>AO-40, but heard nothing.  I followed the sat from AOS until about MA70
>(2000-0030 Mountain time).

I too had my BBQ grill antenna setup out on Sunday night, 11:00 PM EDT MA37,
and I didn't hear anything either! I know my setup works because I used it
last Friday, and monitored AO-40 for nearly 30 minutes with no trouble.
What's going on? Is this another case of the S2 TX not latching on when
commanded?

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO