Re: L-band uplink...Now mode-L Survey!

Just a few words of thanks for the great response to my survey.

I had fifteen submissions!  There have been none for the last couple days
so I have placed the data into an excel chart to look at and I ran ERP
calculations to compare with the observations...still looking this over.
Some results were surprising.  But I am going to wait until tomorrow to
allow anyone else to submit their data before closing it out.

Here's some tidbits as appetizers:  average L-band Tx power was 24w;
average line loss 3 dB; average L-band antenna gain 15 dBi.  Highest Tx
power was 65w and highest gain 21.7 dBi  ...but you will have to wait until
tomorrow "for the rest of the story"!  There are a few pieces of info I
want to corroborate with some senders.

Here is the list of respondents, so far: ZL3QL, WB9CNS, AI7W, WL7BQM, NS1Z,
VK4KSR, OZ1MY, N1JEZ, I8UZA, N8MH, W3HH, K9EK, KK3K, ON4BCB, G6LVB, and
myself, AL7EB.

Thankyou, all,

Ed