Silent key: G0FCL

With a heavy heart.

It is with much sadness that Amsat-UK announce the passing of Dennis
Kitchen, G0FCL, who died on Thursday 30 August, following a short illness.

An active member of AMSAT-UK for many years, and committee member in charge
of the UK's Orbital Calendar since 1991, Dennis also co-ordinated
AMSAT-UK's goods and services in recent years, only handing over the reins
at the Bletchley (UK) Rally this spring, and only standing down from the
committee in July 2001 due to his ill health.  He also wrote the
satellite column in the RSGB publication "Radio Communication". Dennis will
be warmly remembered for his passion for amateur radio and satellites, and
his willingness to share his knowledge and experience with all.

His passing will leave a void in our lives but we take comfort in the
thought that he did not suffer. One of life's *gentlemen* has left us.

Amsat-UK have sent condolences to his wife Barbara and his two sons.
Funeral details will be placed on amsat-bb once known.
73's, OM, you were the best. [G7RWY]

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
Communications Officer, Amsat-UK