Re: R: helix radome

Jerry Pixton wrote:

> OK, the connector ended up with a quick cleaning, some WD40, and coax seal
> plus vinyl tape - just before it rained again.
>
> The stores here have two 3M vinyl tapes side by side, Super 88 and
> Super33+. Is there any difference? I have a roll of each but none of the
> self bonding. They do have something call Scotchfil Electrical Insulation
> Putty.
>
> What different and interesting things we learn when trying to pursue our hobby.

Super '88 is the better of the two as it has better elasticity and
stickiness ( is that a word ? ) in cold temps and lasts longer IMHO ,
also Scotchkote is great stuff ,but some folks hate it cuz its kinda
messy , but works great and it makes removing the tape 8 years from now
easy , but still seals great :)

It can be hard to find though at a regular hardware store , you will
find it at the electrical wholesalers and they should know it by name
:^)

I always have a can of it around and have used it on the mountaintops
around here for the last 20 years...

Good luck !

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS