Re: TVRO dishes and AO-40...

Al,
They are more popular than you might think.  Without naming names, I talked, just last night on AO-40, to two W stations using 10 foot dishes and one DL station using a 6 meter dish.  Two of the three were also using the dish for L-band feed.  The latter one says he was using milli-Watts.  I noted on his webpage it looks like he converted a 3 m one by extending the dish and he also had a KW available on L-band if he needed it.  Clearly, some of us are mere runts by comparison :-)
73,
Jerry, K5OE