Re: Warning Radio Shack HTX-10 & uniden HR2510...

Al,
Your warning about those particular rigs not withstanding, this is a pretty
good configuration.  I have an almost identical setup here, except I use an
old HTX-100.  There is no fear of this baby transmitting as I took the MRF
final out!  I bought it on eBay for next-to-nothing since it would not
transmit and did the final-ectomy; planning to fix it but the final cost more
than I paid for the radio!

I also took a Hamtronics converter and added a few mods to it as well:
1. power switch and status LED on front
2. bypass cap and RF choke on inside of the input connector to power the d/c
3. a second output, driven through a toggle switch on the back allowing me to
switch the second output from 10 m or 2 m.  I can have one 10 m and one 2 m
output or both on 10 m.

I take one 10 m output to my rig's receive-only HF port and I take the second
output to the HTX 100 for full-time beacon monitoring.
73,
Jerry, K5OE