Re: Reference/Source for patch antenna

OK, I get the part about self phasing.  When talking about feeding a patch
on the diagonal, I assume it is meant a diagonal line between the two 50 ohm
feedpoints? Looking at the pictures on the web of the G3RUH patch feed and
after reading the description, I assume the center of his patch is grounded.
It is hard to tell from the picture, but do you think the patch is circular
or elliptical? Perhaps someone who owns one can comment.  It also appears
there is a spring contact of some sort off to one side of the patch, anyone
have a clue what that is about? I guess the polarity (LHC or RHC) is
determined by which feed point is fed first by the rotating wavefront. Does
anyone know what the convention is?

Thanks,

Howie AB2S