Re: TM-D700 remote control ...

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Wolf Hoeller wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have my TM-D700 connected with WISP/WISPDDE. The doppler correction works
> perfect. But the different satellites need different parameters.  i.e. the
> digipath for ISS is 'NOCALL' and for UO-22 'UOSAT5'. So I want to ask the
> group if there is a piece of software to send the differnet parameters via
> the comport to the TM-D700 just before the sat has AOS. It should work
> automatically....

APRStk is a dos program for the cheap and simple approach to fully
automatic FM packet and FM voice satellites with the Kenwood radios.
It will do these:

1) Track and auto-tune the Kenwood D7 and D700 to all satellites
2) Properly sets the radio to simplex, duplex, 1200 or 9600 baud for
   each satellite so you wont miss anything
3) Sets the DIGIPATH for each satellite so you digi via the correct bird
4) Auto rotates the $64 Radio shack AZimuth rotator (or any LEFT-RIGHT
rotator)..

Thus, when used with a small UHF and 3 elment VHF beam, you get a fully
automated ground station for all of the 10 or so satelites you can work
with an FM voice or FM packet station...

I would not claim it is professional quality, but more of a work in
progress.  I will do more work on it very soon as I need it for PCsat,
Sapphire, OPAL and Starshine...

Although it implements none of the WISP or PACSAT protocol, it does
capture all STATUS, BULLETINS, UI packets and UNSER lists from these
birds.

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

PCsat Design        http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pcsat.html