Re: YABSQ (Yet Another Beginner's Stupid Question)

Gerald,

Even correcting for Doppler and looking at the frequency of the beacon as
referenced to the satellite (not the ground) the beacon seems to be off
nominal by several Khz. For example, last night I tracked the beacon for
over three hours - at AOS I had the Satellite Frequency for the Beacon as
2401.325900, by the end of 3 hours the frequency was 2401.325000.

So there is some drift over time

With my radio tuner I calculate the frequencies at the Satellite as well as
the Ground. From what I have gathered the concensus seems to be that the
beacon is at 2401.323. But I have been finding it slighly higher for the
last several weeks. My reference point (for others interested) is putting
the telemetry tracking point at about 1600 hz using AO40rcv (so there is a
bias here) I don't know where the carrier is with this telelmetry
modulation scheme? Is it really in the middle and the tones we see with no
modulation are plus and minus 400hz?

Jerry, W6IHG