Re: Handheld?

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Ron Parise wrote:

> I would like to know which of the many dual band handhelds
> has the best feature set for FM satellite operation. For
> example:
> 1. The ability to listen on one band while transmitting on the other?
> 2. The ability to program a series of memories with odd splits
>    as sequential doppler corrected up/down pairs.
> 3. Any other features that facilitate operation of ISS/AO-27/etc.

Only one answer if you also want to work the PACKET on these birds:

ISS, UO-22, PCsat, Starshine, Sapphire, OPAL, and next year's STARSHINES 4
and 5.

Oh, the answer: the Kenwood D7 with built-in 9600 and 1200 baud modems...
See the ASTARS web page below all about the Packet birds...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

PCsat Design        http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pcsat.html