Preamp Power

This may be a dumb question, but I don't know the answer and thought I'd ask
here.  My setup has two runs of 7/8" heliax going to the top of my tower
with 9913F going to the antennas.  I'd like to power some preamps at the top
of my tower, but don't know if I can send DC up the heliax.  I think it is
possible as I know that the iDEN system I occasionally work on uses
tower-top amps, but I don't know how the DC gets up there to feed the amps.

Any ideas or experiences?

Tnx es 73,

Joel B. Black
jbblack@dbtech.net