Re: RE: 2M CW HT, etc.

Dave and all,

I miss RS10/11 also... I made my first satellite contacts on that bird as
well. Playing with 10M dipoles, loops, and a 10M Hamtronics pre-amp that I
built... what great fun! I distinctly remember setting the alarm clock to
3:00am just to get up and copy the beacon! (my wife didn't appreciate that
;-)

Guess what! I'm having that same fun now learning about AO-40. I modified a
surplus downconverter with a 3-foot BBQ dish and made about a dozen contacts
so far. I'm learning about noise figure, dishes, preamps, path loss, squint
angle, etc. Thank you Gene W3PM for the great spreadsheet. I even got
scolded by Leila (Whoops;-).

My apologies to anyone I may have transmitted on top of last night or
couldn't hear returning my CQ's. The pre-amp is on order and I'll have a
better receive system real soon now. For now I'll  stick to making contacts
in the earlier part of the orbit when the path loss isn't so great.

My sincere thanks go out to everyone that contributed to the success of
AO-40.

CU on AO-40

Steve Holly WI2W@hotmail.com