Re: The next satellite

Robert Oler wrote:

> I do believe NA is going about it right...small sats and probably the
> right  band...and my guess is that I'll contribute more to it (I am a
> life member  so no dues) as things go along.  I would like to see it
> defined more.

Hello Robert and All,

I had the pleasure and good fortune to attend the AMSAT-UK Colloquium
this past weekend where Robin Haighton updated the attendees on the
current thinking re: "Project JJ".  I won't go into detail because these
things are regularly posted, but I will say that the design is FAR from
final, and the BoD has their ears tuned to the AMSAT-BB.  I may be
mistaken, but from what I recall, there was a call for discussion for
the "next" satellite this past spring.  I do remember there being a
*whole* lot of discussion on this board, and that discussion, along with
lessons learned have shaped the current thinking on Project JJ design.

This listserve will continue to shape that thinking.

Greg
KF4BWQ