Tonights pass

I have been noticing a lot of FMing on the 70cm feeds and a need for a
large amount of uplink power to even get above the noise threshold
tonight. The beacon sounds strong and clean note on its carrier. Rolf
DK2ZF sounded OK (NO FMing) on his 1.2k uplink signal. I listened to
other uplinks on 70cm and all seem to have the FMing. I tried a CW
carrier and varied the signal level and found that the downlink shifted
according to the amount of uplink power I applied. I have never heard
this before on AO40. I hear similiar effects on AO10 when it is not in
good sunlight. Time was around 12:50Z. orbit 344 MA 57.1.

Bill WA2TQI