RE: SO 35 status

SunSat SO-35
Mode J uplink 145.825 MHz FM
Mode J downlink 436.250 MHz FM

Mode B uplink 436.291 MHz FM
Mode B downlink 145.825 MHz FM

Launched February 23, 1999 by a Delta II rocket from Vandenberg Air
Force Base in California

The SunSat team released the following statement, dated February 1, 2001:

We regret to announce that the last communication with SunSat from
our  ground station at the Electronic Systems Laboratory at Stellenbosch
University took place recently. We are certain, after having performed
several tests since the last contact, that an irreversible, physical failure
has occurred on the satellite. It is therefore unlikely that we will have
any further contact with SunSat, apart from the occasional visual sighting
by telescope!

When it was operational the SunSat package included 1200 and 9600 baud
digital store-and-forward capability and a voice 'parrot' repeater system in
addition to Mode B/J operation with two VHF and two UHF transmit-receive
systems.

For more information on SunSat, visit http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za/

There you have it.

Vy73,  Mike.   KD9KC    MARS: AAV6EV

My E-mail address: mailto:kd9kc@elp.rr.com
Ham Radio page: http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/
Gun page: http://home.elp.rr.com/elpasochl/
Dog page: http://www.geocities.com/heartland/estates/4174

"No law ever written has stopped any robber, rapist
or killer, like cold blue steel in the hands of their last
intended victim."
- W. Emerson Wright.