Space / Radio Movies

If you liked the movie "Frequency" (I did), then you will probably also like "The Dish" with Sam Neill.  I saw it last night on the flight back from the UK.  It is a witty, paced movie about a bunch of Assie radio-telescope geeks who happen to build the largest dish in the southern hemisphere--just in time to be part of the Apollo 11 mission.  Oh yeah, it's in the middle of a sheep paddock.  And as it turns out, these are the guys who relayed the first television pictures from the moon--yes, the famous Neil Armstrong pics as he descended the steps of the Eagle.  And get this... it's on S-band!
73 es enjoy,
Jerry, K5OE
ps:  I'm guessing the dish is about .35 - .4 f/D

http://www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au/apollo11/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/movie-1105764/