AO-40 Update, Orbit 345

Orbit 345 of AO-40 will start at approximately 19:50 UTC, 2001-07-30.
Please note that the NORAD keps, at least the ones that I have seen, are
one orbit number low.  This will hopefully be fixed soon.

During Orbit 345, which will be visible by South America, most of North
America (eastern 2/3rds), Africa, and Europe, the transponder passbands and
the middle beacon will be on from MA = 10 to 37.  At approximately 22:35
UTC (MA = 37), the transponder passband and middle beacon will be turned
off for about one hour of RUDAK loading.  The passbands and middle beacon
should be restored by approximately 23:40 UTC (MA = 51).  If at all
possible, we will restore them sooner than this, so monitor the middle
beacon frequency.  When the middle beacon is back on, the passbands should
be back on as well.  Check the MATRIX in P3T for confirmation, if you
monitor the telemetry.

For the immediate future, unless a message is posted here (as above), the
passbands can be assumed to be on from MA = 10 through 99.  Thank you for
your patience as we continue to commission AO-40.