Re: Military on HAM freqs

on 7/30/01 4:39 PM, Jim Sanford at wb4gcs@amsat.org wrote:

> THANK YOU to all who volunteered their hardware and TIME to make our
> time at sea and in the desert just a bit more bearable.  Words cannot
> describe the impact you had, but I saw it daily, and it was great.
> THANK YOU from one who was there.

Jim,

I can't say that I helped since I wasn't on the air at that time, but it is
great how many hams helped out.

I just had a question and yes this is WAY off topic from satellites, but I
wonder if anyone is doing similar traffic for all of our troops stationed in
the Balkans, etc. or has the more "modern" and commercial means of
communication supplanted the work that hams and MARS have done?

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden