AO-40 beacon report 30July01 MA13

DL:  60cm dish, 2-1/4 turn helical feed, DEMI 2400-144RX
10' above ground on "Armstrong" az-el system.
FT-726R fed by 160' 1/2 superflex

So...half-assed pointing method, beacon S5 solid, against S0 noise.  I can
hear a noise rise turning on the downconverter, but there is no S-meter
reading.  Maybe need more IF gain?  Maybe not?  If the xpdr is off I'll do
some rigorous S/N testing.
But S5 vs S0 is well over 20dB S/N on my FT-726R...
Scott Townley
Gilbert, AZ  DM43
HF/VHF/UHF/Satellite MOBILE station

"When the Going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro"
Raoul Duke, Sportswriter

"Don't worry Boys, we'll weather this Storm of Approval and come out as
Hated as Ever"