AO-40 beacon report 30July01 MA13

DL:  60cm dish, 2-1/4 turn helical feed, DEMI 2400-144RX
10' above ground on "Armstrong" az-el system.
FT-726R fed by 160' 1/2 superflex

So...half-assed pointing method, beacon S5 solid, against S0 noise.  I can
hear a noise rise turning on the downconverter, but there is no S-meter
reading.  Maybe need more IF gain?  Maybe not?  If the xpdr is off I'll do
some rigorous S/N testing.
But S5 vs S0 is well over 20dB S/N on my FT-726R...
------------
Scott Townley
nx7u@arrl.net
Gilbert, AZ  DM43

HF/VHF/UHF/Satellite MOBILE station
http://www.primenet.com/~nx7u

"When the Going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro"
Raoul Duke, Sportswriter

"Don't worry Boys, we'll weather this Storm of Approval and come out as
Hated as Ever"