Re: RUDAK testing, Orbit 344

(My NOVA tells me that the Western Hemisphere pass of roughly 03Z 30 July
2001 is orbit # 343.
So, is the transponder ON for Sunday night (local) or off, based on the use
of the word "continue"?

...just getting ready to put up another antenna attempt; at least this time
the dish/helix feed combo swept -22dB return loss instead of -0.2dB!!

At 03:58 PM 7/29/01 -0400, Stacey E. Mills wrote:

>RUDAK testing will continue on Orbit 344.  Therefore, the transponder
>passbands (U/L1 -> S2) will be off for this orbit.  The middle beacon may
>be off  as well during this time.  You may hear the middle beacon cycling
>on briefly as we check things and gather small blocks of telemetry for the
>files.
>
>Excellent progress was made with RUDAK testing and software loading last
>time, and we hope to continue with that success during this session.
>
>--

------------
Scott Townley
nx7u@arrl.net
Gilbert, AZ  DM43

HF/VHF/UHF/Satellite MOBILE station
http://www.primenet.com/~nx7u

"When the Going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro"
Raoul Duke, Sportswriter

"Don't worry Boys, we'll weather this Storm of Approval and come out as
Hated as Ever"