RE: S-band desense while UHF TX

This is my $0.01 worth.  I am running a Drake with simple mods and a DEM
13ULNA into my BBQ dish.  It is bolted about 2' away from my 435MHz antenna
(used to be a foot, but I move it) on my cross boom (non-conductive).  I
have the coax from the 435 antenna running right beside the coax from the
dish and the coax out of the Drake all the way to the shack.  With the 435
amplifier on and running around 100W I have no desensing problems at all.

Is it possible that the guys having desense problems may be due to a
radiating coax?  Did you guys check your SWR at the antenna and not the
shack?  Are your connectors to all devices all properly terminated and
TIGHT?  Is the coax new or old and possibly waterlogged?  I am just
blue-skying here and maybe spark a synapse in someone who knows more about
this than I (it wouldn't take much ;^) ).

Having said this, I am sure to have desense problems now....

Regards,
Tim
K3TZ