Re: FO birds

> I can see how FO20 might be on it's "last legs" because of the failing
> battery, even though it still works great during daylight passes.
> But I thought FO-29 was still going strong.

The numerous high duty cycle FM signals used to uplink to the ISS on
145.99 MHz does little to help the batteries on FO-20 for operation in
darkness.  This operation is in the pass band of the Fuji birds and helps
to discharge the batteries faster than normal.  I mentioned it some time
ago, but there seemed to be no concern on the effect it was having on
these satellites.

Perhaps the batteries fail over time versus faster discharge cycles.

73's,

Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama