Re: Pin point the UO-14 jammer.

Concerning the Jammer on UO14 etc, I think satelllite interested
individuals should conisder a neat club project to build BAND MONITORS and
placing them at HIGH locations  and LISTENING to what is going on between
145.800 and 145.999 in their area.

I envision a cheap scanner (with GOOD bandpass filter in front of it)
scanning that 200 KHz and then whenever the squelch opens, it sends the
audio down on a UHF link so people can monitor it.  An APRS telemetry
packet could also indenfity the FREQ of the scanner... and if a DF unit
was up there, then the AUTO-DF interfaces of APRS could show to everyone
the bearing.

In any case, I believe we must all be vigilant to what goes on between
145.800 and 145.999.  I have heard FM QSO's from locals there in the
past...

bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

ISS-APRS FAQ:       http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/iss-faq.html