Re: CW HT for satellites

Wayne W9AE wrote:

>(snip...)
>I wonder how many years it will be before YaeComWood
>introduce a handheld multi-mode all-band transceiver
>(handheld equivalent of the FT-817). It seems inevitable,
>given the rapid rate of miniaturization that is ongoing
>in the amateur equipment industry.

They will develop such a radio if they see a market
opportunity. Is there one?

We, on the other hand, can develop our own radios for
any reason we want to. Even for fun. If all you want
is a few watts of 2m CW, this might be a better way
to go. Like so many other things, all the circuitry
and supporting theory has been published: all you have
to do is go get it.