Myers S band dish.

    I was looking at my myers dish and at the coax, I must have an old one,
(got it at the Payullup swap meet some 2-3 years ago) the coax is RG-8.

I think that this is lossy more so than 9913 or the new LMR 40, took it
apart, thinking that I should change the coax to the dipole, well it's
moulded
and I don't want to chance breaking it beyond repair, has anyone put a helix
link
in front of this dish, it should work eh? has anyone broken apart the dipole
housing successfully and changed the coax, I have some 1/4 heliax that
should
work??

Re my help cry earlier..
    By the way I pointed the setup at the sun and it appears that the UEK
2000 SAT
is working, there was a definite correlation between the shadow of the
dipole
hitting the center and an increase in noise, not much but with the
headphones
and a freehand point I could hear some difference, now for a preamp to
improve
it all.

Peter VE7AHX
progers@lightspeed.ca