New CW Interface for HT's

for those that are looking to use their ht for cw, this might just be the ticket. it
was posted to our local club's listserver today.
73...bruce

To:             	clarc@clarc.org
Copies to:      	n5wbishp@blkbox.com
From:           	n5wbishp@blkbox.com
Date sent:      	Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:54:40 US/Central
Subject:        	[CLARC] New CW Interface for HT's

MFJ is now selling the "Jim Handy", a CW interface for HT's.  Here's the blurb
from their latest catalog ...

> On-the-air CW Fun using HT
> MFJ's JimHandy
>
> MFJ-552, $79.95, Ship Code A
>
> The CW interface plugs into your 144/440 MHz handheld
> and converts it into a modulated CW transceiver -- just
> plug in your key.  Get your ham buddies together on-the-air
> and enjoy some fantastic CW fun.  Run a little code practice
> on your repeater.  Start your own FM CW Net.  Have fun and
> upgrade!  A transmit/receive switch automatically switches
> your HT to transmit when you send CW and returns you to
> receive when you stop keying.  Has built-in speaker, volume
> control and great sounding true sinewave sidetone -- no harsh
> keyclicks.  4 W x 1-1/4 H x 3-1/4 D inches.  Uses 9V battery
> (not included).

Has anybody used this before?  How would it work on FM?

73,

Steve N5WBI

Bruce Paige, KK5DO                    Internet: kk5do@arrl.net
Houston, Texas                                  kk5do@amsat.org
AMSAT Awards Manager                            kk5do@amsatnet.com
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CST on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz
Visit SHOT http://www.clarc.org/shot