Re: PANsat

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Stan wrote:

> to the best of my knowledge, plans were never distributed to the
> public.
> If there are plans for the SS transceiver, how can I get a copy ?
> Thanks, Stan, WA1ECF

This is just speculation on my part: But, Have you ever tried to find the
plans for a student project after 10 years?  Have you ever seen a student
project that was well documented enough that anyone could reasonably
re-create the project? I think what you will find is a dusty closet
somewhere with a 3 foot pile of documents.  And no one who is probably
motivated to do the work to make it into a heathkit for someone else to
now pick up theball and run with it...

Now if someone with say a manyear's worth of time would commit to such a
project, I would not be surprised to see the school take them up on such a
restoration project...  but talking and doing are always two different
things..

Bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

ISS-APRS FAQ:       http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/iss-faq.html