RE: PANsat

Howie,

> If the PANSAT folks are not forth coming...

I don't know about the actual status of PANSAT but all the questions I
have heard are answered on their Web site
http://www.sp.nps.navy.mil/pansat/.

> Wouldn't  FCC rules require public disclosure of
> the PN code and modulation method ...

"The pseudo-noise (PN) code used for spreading is one of the already
approved codes for amateur spread spectrum, using a 7-bit shift register
with taps at 7 and 1; and one sequence length per bit of information."
See http://www.sp.nps.navy.mil/pansat/panfaq.html

There is also an answer to the question "Is PANSAT really an amateur
satellite?" on their FAQ page at
http://www.sp.nps.navy.mil/pansat/faq.html.

> If the PANSAT team did indeed mislead us ...

The suggestion of this thread is that they did.  Certainly the project
is well documented on the Web, although some of these pages are very old
(1998). I wonder what is the real situation?

Rick
W2GPS