Re: Saudisats????

At 09:50 25/07/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Drew Glasbrenner <glasbrenner@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>What is the story with the Saudisats? Are they just 2
>>more in a list of hamsats that are space junk, or is there
>>something else going on? Someone, somewhere, has to know
>>something!
>>
>>Really wish we would at least hear one way or the other.
>
>Probably yet another in the series of "amateur" projects
>that are heavily hyped at first, get their funding, get
>their launch, and then disappear.
>
>There are too many of these projects, IMHO.
>
>Laura Halliday VE7LDH     "Que les nuages soient notre
>Grid: CN89mg                     pied a terre..."
>ICBM: 49 15.042 N 122 59.053 W       - Hospital/Shafte

Are they functional? Are they transmittiing "out of band"? Are the keps
accurate?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, or so it seems, I had access to a HP
"Modulation Monitor", which was nothing if not a very good spectrum
analyser with a sensitive front end. It was part of the calibration set for
some EW equipment.

Now, If someone with similar gear could point at the predicted spot at the
predicted time, *any* downlink/beacon could be identified.

Just a thought, FWIW.

Reading more posts and thinking a little longer, the concept of a private
repeater is quite possible. AO27 comes to mind! But that's a whole new thread.

Norm.
VK2XCI