Re: Question regarding gain of Dish Antennas with different feeds

  John,

  I think that just figures into the 'efficiency' of the
  antenna.  Assume that the perfet dish of any given size
  is is capable of "n" db of gain.

  The quality of the feed (I.e. how completely you illuminate
  the dish without overilluminating it)   determines how close
  to the maximum efficiency you actually get.  (A higher gain
  helix would illuminate less dish area, resulting in a smaller
  overall effective antenna area, so it's essentially a zero-sum
  game.)

  -al
  WB1BQE