Re: Saudisats????

Margaret wrote:
>Interesting, given the stink we raised over "Swatchsat" lo these many
>years ago.

Even if Pansat and the Saudisats are in effect "closed satellites" (and we
have no real evidence for that), they are well within my definition of
amateur as long as they are being used under amateur rules like a closed
repeater might be.  I don't have a problem with that.

"Swatchsat" was obviously intended to be used by a commercial entity for
broadcasting to the general public, clearly outside of amateur rules.  In
my mind there is a huge difference.

de KM1P Joe