From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of David Moisan
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 7:15 PM
To: Clifford Buttschardt
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Black & White Question

At 03:41 PM 7/24/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Is the main ingrediant of most Laytex paints Titanium dioxide?
>Cliff K7RR

I don't recall off the top of my head, but the paint that observatories
used was specially formulated to have as much titanium oxide as possible in
the mixture.  If I were doing this myself (I'm in an apartment, though) I'd
be looking at ingredients.  But even flat white is better than bare
aluminum;  that's how I'll paint my 2.4G helix if I ever get to build one

Take care,

Dave

David Moisan, N1KGH   ARES/SKYWARN                dmoisan@shore.net
Invisible Disability: