modified Drake 2880 with 2M IF for sale

Hello all,

I have a modified Drake 2800 downconverter for sale.  (Right now I have
three TranSystems and two Drakes--time to move one off the bench!)

This Drake works (and looks) just fine, and has the following modifications:

1) crystal for 2M IF (2.4 GHz => 144 MHz).  It's about +/-5 Hz from being
"dead on" as I recall.

2) surface mount inductor at input (N male connector side) for static
protection.  So, it has a DC grounded input now.

3) removed the two red coils and two chip capacitors

4) added 22pF capacitors and extended the strip line filters

5) changed out the stock Drake GaAsFET.  The original fell victim to static
(thus the reason for mod #2 above!!) The replacement seems to have more
gain than the original, based on on-the-air-tests, etc.  It works fine.

You can read about most of these mods at K5OE's nice site here:
http://members.aol.com/k5oe/drake.htm

Basically, I have completed through "level 4" at the above link and added
the static protecting inductor to boot.

I'll sell the unit for $55 shipped via US Priority Mail (to the continental
US).  Figure that as $40 for the unit, $10 for the 2M crystal, $5 for
shipping (and the mods were free ;-) Interested parties should contact me
via email.

73,

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]