Re: Getting more gain without a solid dish....

Hi Al,
I too need some more gain for AO-40.  I was considering a system like you
described until I realized that the two Drake converters wont be on the
same frequency.  It work if you use two preamps providing you could come
up with a phase shifter and a  combiner.  The sad thing is that there is
only a maximum of 3 db available for two antennas and any losses in the
phase/combiner system would subtract from that.  I think we have to hope
that the wheels work and we bet the S1 transponder at apogee.

Good luck.

73's de Jess - W4MVB