RE: Black & White Question

At 09:20 AM 7/24/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Tom Clark wrote:
>
>As long as the white paint is not GLOSS, there is no focusing effect on
>the preamp.  The light diffuses equally in all directions.

The subject of titanium oxide paint came up here around 1997 or so and I
remember several points:

1) There is, or was, a formulation of paint known as "Observatory White",
flat paint loaded with titanium oxide.  However, this fell out of
favor--IIRC--because the paint would cause thermals to come off the dome
upon sunset.  Not a problem for radio, unless we get into millimeter waves.

2) The other problem with titanium oxide was that it would also conduct
away heat all too well at sunset on a cold winter's day and cause
condensation, so hermetically sealed enclosures are out (anyway).

Anyone with expertise who remembers that old thread, feel free to correct me.

Take care,

DaVe

David Moisan, N1KGH   ARES/SKYWARN                dmoisan@shore.net
Invisible Disability: