Re: ao-40 transponder gain vs freq

NN0V:

Some 3am pass when nobody is on it I'll plot out snr vs freq on the
transponder.

W9AE:

Fascinating!  I would like to see that.  There is a very noticeable drop-off
in transponder gain within 30 kHz of the edges, but I never noticed much
gain variation in the middle 200 kHz.

NN0V:

When it goes high squint, the UHF higain has one null in its pattern but
there's still enough uplink...

W9AE:

At what squint angle(s) do you observe a null in the UHF antenna gain?

Are gain patterns available for the U, L, and S antennas?  It would be
useful to know where the nulls and sidelobes are located.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA