short helix feeds

Just curious,
I recall a recent post where someone provided some modelling information
output re: "G3RUH" short helices for dish feeds (gains, hpbw, -10dB bw,
etc.).
My question to that gentleman (or anyone else for that matter)...I have
had pretty good success, in general, modelling helices with NEC.  My
modelling shows some pretty poor axial ratios/circularity for these
short (< 5 turn) helices.  Does anyone else's modelling/field experience
show the same thing?
I would think that helices, being slow-wave structures, would need some
length to "get settled"...just like a Beverage antenna (not many 1/4wl
Beverages out there!).  Comments?