Re: UO-11 receive MODEM's

Larry Kayser wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> My goodness after all these years, someone wants to listen to UO-11! Amazing
> it is....
>
> Go look in the nearest junk pile for a "202" type modem, junk, "Bell 202" or
> use the EXAR 2211 or 2212 chip (not sure which one).  They are simple and
> work well.  Bell 202 MODEM's today should not cost more than a dollar or two
> and should be available almost anywhere.
>
> I recently was looking at some pictures from Dayton and I saw a pile of them
> about 6 ft high, with those kind of quantities in today's market you might
> get more than one for a dollar.

heh , don't laugh Larry , we use those 202t modems in our 911 phone
switch ( Teltronics ) for linking to the ali database provider , and
they were brand new just  two years ago , we will need more when we
build our new center , so if you know of this cheap source next year let
me know ;^}

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544