Re: AO-40 Update 2001-07-20

At 06:22 AM 07/24/2001 -0400, Lee wrote:
>Stacey,
>
>Is the plan still to have the transponders off on orbit 339 for RUDAK
>testing?
>
>I've also been hunting for the RUDAK frequencies and have so far only found
>2401.72 for RUDAK-A.  Would this be a good frequency to monitor Wednesday
>night (East Coast, US)?

Let me take the liberty of answering the RUDAK question.
The RUDAK 9k6 hardware modulator downlinks are listed at
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/ao40/rudak/frequencies.html

On Weds evening (local US) we will be turning on and off various things in
various combinations.  It's not likely there will be much to copy on any of
the RUDAK downlinks but if we get to the point of loading software 2401.747
is the most likely candidate.  But let me note this is quiet subject to change.
If software loading does proceed you are likely to not see much data except
acks from the loader in various forms.
However, all data files are most welcome.  Please post them to
ao40-archive@amsat.org.

Jim
jim@coloradosatelite.com