Re: Kantronics Dataengine and RUDAK

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:31:39 -0500, you wrote:

>Eddie:
>
>I've got a DataEngine, too, that I bought used a long time ago.  Mine does not have the internal modem.  I hadn't thought of using it for
>RUDAK, but I do have a PI-2 board....
>
>It's fundamentally a 70cm radio.  I'd need to use a transverter down to that band on receive, and switch out the transverter on transmit.
>Is RUDAK used half-duplex?  I have no idea.
I know nothing about RUDAK at this point except it uses AX UI packet
according to what little I have read. The Dataengine I have is only a
dual modem 1200/9600 packet controller (I think).
>I expect doppler would be a big problem, though, since these are rock-bound rigs (just two crystalled channels).  I wonder how long, at
>apogee, the doppler would be negligble?
No idea- I will have a problem with a FT221 analog tuning also. May
use an old KDK for the packet/RUDAK station.

--
Eddie Seymour, WB4MLE
E-Mail wb4mle@mindspring.com