Re: Kantronics Dataengine and RUDAK

Eddie:

I've got a DataEngine, too, that I bought used a long time ago.  Mine does not have the internal modem.  I hadn't thought of using it for
RUDAK, but I do have a PI-2 board....

It's fundamentally a 70cm radio.  I'd need to use a transverter down to that band on receive, and switch out the transverter on transmit.
Is RUDAK used half-duplex?  I have no idea.

I expect doppler would be a big problem, though, since these are rock-bound rigs (just two crystalled channels).  I wonder how long, at
apogee, the doppler would be negligble?

It would be great to figure out a way to make it work, though, since mine's sitting idle!

David, ky0dr